In the first year of its existence, the local branch of the Legion was determined to build its own permanent location. Plans were drawn in the spring and local contractors bid on the project. With bids from four companies presented, the Legion awarded the contract to A. P. Andersen. After negotiating some alterations, the final construction cost was estimated at $12,907. Work began in April and construction was completed in fifteen weeks. The two-storey structure rose at the corner of Fifth Avenue and Quebec Street. It featured a full cement basement, a large front veranda with offices, a library and lounge with a large fireplace on the main floor.
Building costs for the Pacific Great Eastern Railway continued to soar. By 1927, the debt totaled $78 million and a commission was called to investigate. The resulting report recommended to the government that the railway should be sold or the project closed down. Passengers rode the train as far as Quesnel and completed the trip to Prince George by stage coach until 1952 when the railway was finally completed.
One of the City┐s prized sports trophies, the Kelly Cup, was created and presented to the Curling Club. It had been crafted by jeweller, John Kelly. The Kelly Cup Bonspiel became an annual Prince George event.
The Prince George Forest Region office was operated with fifteen staff members and an annual payroll of $26,000.